Ginger is considered as one of the most important herbs available. It was first cultivated in India and China. It is also considered as an entire medicine itself. Ginger is said to fuel the digestive fire which makes the digestive system more powerful.
There are number of benefits that a ginger provides.
KILLS CANCER CELLS:
- Cancerous cells grow abnormally and uncontrollably. It can be caused due do change in lifestyle or environmental change.
- It may also be caused by inflammatory compounds, which causes the healthy cell to become cancerous.
- Ginger contains 6-gingerol and 6-shogoal, that is highly anti-inflammatory and a very rich anti-oxidant, that protects the healthy cells.
- In a recent research, the component 6-gingerol, which is found in ginger, is also said to be 10,000 times more effect than conventional chemotherapy that targets the cancer stem cells.
- Researcher also found that, when the solution of ginger powder and water comes in contact with the cancerous cells, the cells committed suicide, known as apoptosis, or the cells attacks the other cancerous cells, known as autophagy.
- Also, cancerous cells can grow new blood vessels, called Angiogenesis. Ginger can prevent Angiogenesis with the help of Zerumbone, a component found in ginger.
- Other useful compounds found in ginger like zingerone and paradols also helps to deal with cancer in the following ways;
- They stimulate anti-oxidants.
- Search for free radicles.
- Inhibit cancerous cell growth.
- Prevents inflammation.
- Prevents metastasis that is secondary malignant growth.
IMPROVES HEART HEALTH:
- Ginger can be very beneficial for your heart as it contains a number of compounds that can cure your heart or maintain its health.
- Ginger contains 6-gingerol, a compound found in ginger that can prevents hardening of blood vessels and prevents it from oxidative stress. Oxidative stress means imbalance between the productions antioxidants and free radicles, which can damage tissues.
- It also has anti blood clotting property that prevents the clotting of blood in the arteries, and providing free flow of blood towards the heart. This prevents in heart attacks.
- Ginger can also help to lower the cholesterol level, which can prevent the oxidation of Low Density lipoprotein cholesterol. This LDL that is of Low Density lipoprotein is mainly responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and resulting in strokes and heart attacks.
CAN TREAT INDIGESTION:
- Ginger’s medicinal properties can help to deal with intestinal gas and bloating.
- Ginger can also treat chronic indigestion and heart burn.
ANTI INFLAMMATORY PROPERTY:
- A compound found in ginger known as gingerol, helps in curing joint pains and muscle pains, as this compound treats the inflammation at a cellular level.
Ginger can also prevent the joints from early degeneration.
- It also cures the pain in joints caused by exercising and knee pains.
- Ginger can help in lowering the blood sugar level and increases the insulin release.
- Consuming regular ginger can help in reducing blood sugar level, LDL cholesterol and triglyceride.
- Ginger can overall improve the lipid profiles and prevent the onset of diabetes.